Texas flood death toll rises to 119, death toll rises

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

HOUSTON, July 9 (Xinhua) — At least 119 people have been killed by devastating flooding in central Texas as of Wednesday morning, and the death toll is expected to rise, local authorities said.

At least 161 people remain missing in the hardest-hit county, including five girls and a counselor from a girls' summer camp on the banks of the Guadalupe River, Kerr County Sheriff Larry Leita confirmed.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday night that at least 173 people were missing across the state. He ordered state flags to be flown at half-staff until sunrise on July 14 in memory of the victims.

Three people were killed in flash floods that hit the town of Ruidoso in central southern New Mexico on Tuesday, New Mexico officials said.

Over the past decade, floods have killed an average of 113 people a year in the United States, accounting for nearly a sixth of all weather-related deaths, according to the National Weather Service. –0–

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

Almost 700 civilians killed in Israeli attacks – Iran Health Ministry

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

TEHRAN, July 10 (Xinhua) — Iranian Health Minister Mohammad Reza Zafarghandi said nearly 700 civilians were killed in Israeli attacks on Iran between June 13 and 24.

The minister made the remarks while addressing reporters on Tuesday while visiting a medical center in the capital Tehran, according to the Islamic Republic's Health Ministry.

An Iranian minister said nearly 5,000 civilians had been injured in Israeli attacks, while 18 medical personnel, including six doctors, were among those killed in the airstrikes.

He noted that seven hospitals in the country were directly attacked by Israel, and some medical centers were evacuated.

The minister stressed that Israel also targeted 11 ambulances, adding that all these actions violate international principles and laws, as well as human rights. –0–

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

Brazil's Vice President Condemns Trump's Tariff Decision as 'Unfair'

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

SAO PAULO, July 9 (Xinhua) — Brazilian Vice President Geraldo Alckmin on Wednesday called it "unfair" that U.S. President Donald Trump has decided to impose 50 percent tariffs on Brazilian goods.

"I see no reason to raise tariffs on Brazil. Brazil is not a problem for the United States, it is important to emphasize this again. The United States has a trade deficit, but it has a trade surplus with Brazil. Eight out of the 10 products that the United States exports most to Brazil are zero-rated," Alckmin said in a statement.

On Wednesday, D. Trump announced the introduction of a 50 percent tariff on Brazilian goods imported into the United States, effective August 1. –0–

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

US shifts Africa policy “from aid to trade” – D. Trump

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

WASHINGTON, July 9 (Xinhua) — U.S. President Donald Trump met with leaders of five African countries on Wednesday, saying the United States is shifting its policy toward the continent "from aid to trade."

At a meeting with the leaders of Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mauritania and Senegal at the White House, D. Trump said that there is “great economic potential” in Africa.

He said the United States is working to "create new economic opportunities involving both the United States and many African countries."

“We are moving from aid to trade,” the US president said. “In the long run, this will be far more effective, sustainable and beneficial than anything else we could do together,” he noted.

Mr Trump also suggested that five countries could be exempted from his administration's plan to impose higher tariffs that would begin in August.

The mini-summit will last three days, and is expected to top the agenda to expand U.S. access to critical minerals and other natural resources in Africa, according to media reports. –0–

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

English-language version of animated film “Nezha 2” to hit screens overseas

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

SHANGHAI, July 10 (Xinhua) — The English-language version of Chinese animated film "Nezha 2" will hit theaters in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand in IMAX and 3D from Aug. 22, CMC Pictures said Wednesday.

Directed by Yang Yu, aka Jiaozi, Ne Zha 2 is a milestone in modern animation, combining emotionally charged storytelling, mythological spectacle, and cutting-edge visual artistry.

The dubbed version of Ne Zha 2 will be co-produced by A24 and CMC Pictures. It is worth noting that Ne Zha 2 has already become the highest-grossing animated film and the highest-grossing non-English-language film in world cinema history, as well as the fifth-highest-grossing film worldwide.

At the 2025 Shanghai International Film Festival, Enlight Media Chairman Wang Changtian said that the overseas box office revenue of “Nezha 2” will exceed US$100 million. -0-

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

Two Indian Air Force pilots killed in plane crash

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

NEW DELHI, July 10 (Xinhua) — Two Indian Air Force pilots were killed during a training exercise in the western state of Rajasthan on Wednesday, the Indian Air Force confirmed.

A training aircraft crashed during a routine training session in Churu district of Rajasthan.

"An Indian Air Force (IAF) Jaguar fighter jet trainer suffered an accident during a routine training mission and crashed near Churu in Rajasthan today. Both pilots sustained fatal injuries. No damage to civilian property reported," the IAF said on social media.

An investigative commission was created to establish the causes of the accident.–0–

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

D. Trump announced the introduction of 50 percent tariffs on Brazilian goods

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

NEW YORK, July 9 (Xinhua) — U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday afternoon that goods imported from Brazil will be subject to a 50 percent tariff starting Aug. 1.

D. Trump posted a letter addressed to Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva on his social media platform Truth Social, in which he said that “in part because of Brazil’s insidious attacks on free elections and the fundamental rights of Americans to free speech… we will be imposing a 50 percent tariff on all Brazilian goods shipped to the United States.”

Trump announced new tariffs on 14 countries on Monday and another seven on Wednesday, with rates ranging from 20 percent to 40 percent. Brazil's tariff was the highest so far in this round. –0–

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

Representatives of Chinese and Russian universities discussed new opportunities for cooperation between universities in Sichuan Province and Russia

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

BEIJING, July 10 (Xinhua) — A forum on cooperation between universities in Sichuan Province and the Volga Region of Russia was recently held at Sichuan University. Representatives of Chinese and Russian universities held an in-depth exchange of views on academic exchanges, development of specialties and joint educational programs.

Scientific cooperation was the main topic of discussion. Rector of the Kozma Minin Nizhny Novgorod State Pedagogical University /NSPU/ Viktor Sdobnyakov noted China's impressive achievements in physical chemistry, mechanical engineering, electronics and artificial intelligence, emphasizing the value of the Chinese model of integrating education, science and production. He expressed interest in joint scientific and technical projects with universities and enterprises in Sichuan Province.

Vice-president of Southwest Petroleum University Pei Xiangjun proposed expanding scientific cooperation in the field of carbon neutrality, artificial intelligence and alternative energy through joint research, the establishment of international laboratories and the commercialization of technologies to promote the socio-economic development of the two countries.

There is a positive trend in humanitarian exchanges between universities in Sichuan Province and Russia: 37 Russian students were enrolled in the summer school of the Southwest University of Finance and Economics, over 2,000 Chinese students are studying at Kazan Federal University, and the Mordovian State University named after N.P. Ogarev created the Center for Chinese Language and Culture.

To deepen ties, forum participants proposed creating cultural and educational platforms and building effective mechanisms for cooperation.

Zhang Haidong, deputy secretary of the Sichuan Normal University Party Committee, recommended using “Internet plus education” technologies to exchange educational resources and jointly train specialists. -0-

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

The first freight train to travel along the trans-Caspian route departs from Shanxi Province

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

TAIYUAN, July 10 (Xinhua) — A train loaded with 50 standard containers of photovoltaic panels weighing 1,159 tonnes departed Jinzhong City in north China's Shanxi Province for Azerbaijan's capital Baku on Wednesday morning, marking the province's launch of China-Europe rail service along the trans-Caspian route.

According to the press service of the local transport company Huayuan International Land Port, the train departed from the Zhongding logistics center. On the way, it will pass through the territory of Kazakhstan and arrive at the port of Aktau, from where the cargo will be delivered to Azerbaijan by ferry.

Compared to the traditional method, trans-Caspian transportation allows to significantly reduce transportation time, the company recalled. In the future, locally produced photovoltaic modules will be more convenient to deliver to the Transcaucasus, Turkey and Eastern European countries, the company recalled.

Currently, Huayuan International Land Port operates regular rail services on 23 China-Europe and China-Central Asia routes, linking Shanxi Province with 48 cities in 16 countries. -0-

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.

In the first half of this year, 1,830 China-Europe freight trains entered the country through the Erenhot checkpoint.

Translation. Region: Russian Federal

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

BEIJING, July 10 (Xinhua) — A total of 1,830 China-Europe freight trains entered China through the Ereenhot port in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region on the border with Mongolia in the first half of this year, up 6.1 percent year on year, data released by the local commerce bureau showed.

According to the city administration press service, during the period from January to June of this year, cargo turnover through the checkpoint increased by 9.5 percent year-on-year to 2.35 million tons.

Ereenhot is the largest land border crossing between China and Mongolia. Currently, regular rail service through it connects more than 60 Chinese cities with 70 cities and stations in more than 10 countries around the world, including Germany, Poland and Russia.

China supplies automobiles, auto parts, equipment, electronics, textiles, and consumer goods to the international market through Ereenhot. -0-

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source of the information. It is an accurate report of what the source claims and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.

.