Pyongyang demanded that Seoul prevent encroachments on North Korea's sovereignty.

Translation. Region: Russian Federation –

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

Pyongyang, February 13 (Xinhua) — Pyongyang called on the authorities of the Republic of Korea (ROK) to take measures to prevent attacks on North Korean sovereignty, in particular such as the UAV intrusion incident earlier this year, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported on Friday.

In a press statement released Thursday, Kim Yo Jong, deputy department director of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee, said that South Korean Unification Minister Jeong Dong Yeon officially expressed regret on Tuesday over the drone intrusion into North Korean airspace earlier this year.

"The South Korean authorities should not try to circumvent the crisis they caused by merely expressing regret, but should take guaranteed measures to consistently prevent the recurrence of serious violations of sovereignty, such as the intrusion into our republic's airspace," Kim Yo-jong said.

“A repetition of such a provocation as a violation of the DPRK’s inalienable sovereignty will undoubtedly provoke a harsh response,” she warned. –0–

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source. It represents an accurate account of the source's assertions and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.