D. Trump is considering sending a second aircraft carrier to the region if negotiations with Iran fail.

Translation. Region: Russian Federation –

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

WASHINGTON, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) — US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he is considering sending a second carrier strike group to the Middle East for possible military action against Iran if talks fail.

"We have an armada heading there, and we may have another one heading there," Trump said in an interview with the American news outlet Axios, noting that Washington is considering additional military deployments while continuing diplomatic talks with Tehran.

“Either we make a deal, or we’ll have to take tough measures like last time,” Trump said, adding that another aircraft carrier “may be sent” to the region.

The aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and several guided-missile destroyers are already deployed to the Middle East.

The United States and Iran held talks last week in Oman, and both sides agreed to continue negotiations. The date and location of the next round of US-Iranian talks have not yet been announced.

Expressing optimism about the diplomatic process, he said Iran was "very keen to make a deal" and that any agreement must cover Iran's nuclear program as well as its ballistic missile stockpile.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu plans to visit Washington on Wednesday. Trump said he believes Netanyahu isn't nervous about the US-Iran negotiations. "He also wants a deal. He wants a good deal," the American president added.

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source. It represents an accurate account of the source's assertions and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.