75 bodies found after indiscriminate attacks in central Nigeria

Translation. Region: Russian Federation –

Source: People's Republic of China in Russian – People's Republic of China in Russian –

An important disclaimer is at the bottom of this article.

Source: People's Republic of China – State Council News

Abuja, February 5 (Xinhua) — At least 75 bodies were recovered after gunmen attacked two villages in Kwara State, central Nigeria, earlier this week, local officials said late Wednesday.

Kwara State Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, who visited Kayama Local Government Area on Wednesday evening with security chiefs and cabinet members, said 75 people were killed in the communities of Woro and Nuku. He identified the victims as local Muslims and said they were attacked after refusing to submit to extremists who, he said, preached a "strange doctrine."

The militants, riding motorcycles, fired indiscriminately at residents and destroyed some houses, local sources told Xinhua.

A senior military officer who accompanied the governor on a tour of the affected villages said the death toll could rise as search and rescue operations continue.

Nigerian President Bola Tinubu blamed the terrorist group Boko Haram for the attacks and ordered the deployment of an army battalion to Kayama Local Government Area, according to a statement from the presidential office released late Wednesday.

Please note: This information is raw content obtained directly from the source. It represents an accurate account of the source's assertions and does not necessarily reflect the position of MIL-OSI or its clients.